Content of this Staff Training
This staff training is about Flipped Classroom methodology. It contains a variety of materials and assignments addressing different aspects of implementing Flipped Classroom at your University in 3 modules. Extra materials about topics related to Flipped Classroom is also provided for further self-study.
1. What is Flipped Classroom?
2. Planning your Flipped Classroom
3. What to do in contact meetings (face-to-face or online)?
Extra materials: topics related to Flipped Classroom
16 March 2021 at 13-15 Finnish time (UTC + 2h)
23 March 2021 at 13-15 Finnish time (UTC + 2h)
30 March 2021 at 13-15 Finnish time (UTC + 2h)
By the end of this training, staff will be able to:
- understand the main differences between traditional and flipped classroom;
- plan course lessons according to the flipped classroom methodology;
- organize contact meetings focused on active learning and higher-order thinking.
After implementing Flipped Classroom, most teachers report both increasing the success rate of their students in the course subject, as well as enjoying more their teaching. We would like that staff experience these results.
This training consists of 3 modules organized in pre-task assignments and hands-on learning contact meetings. Participants MUST engage in the pre-tasks (assignments) before the meetings.
Most of the pre-tasks consist of watching videos and reading a brief material. The contact meetings are workshops developed in a Miro Board in which participants engage in icebreaker activities, formative assessment about the pre-tasks, and hands-on learning exercises, both individually and in groups.